If this is an emergency...

The best response in an emergency depends on the kind of help you need, the type of danger, and so on. Here are some options to consider in Columbus and nearby towns:

  • Dial 911 in true emergencies. They can quickly dispatch police, fire, or ambulance.
  • Emergency medical services are available 24 hours a day at OSU Hospitals. You can reach the OSU Medical Center Emergency Room at (614) 293-8333.
  • To speak with a crisis counselor or to access mental health and substance abuse crisis and assessment services in Franklin County for children, adolescents, and adults, call Netcare at (614) 276-2273.
  • In Delaware or Morrow County, call the Help Line of Delaware and Morrow County at: (800) 684-2324. Or call Grady Memorial Hospital: (740)-368-5100.
  • Choices for victims of domestic violence provides a 24 hour crisis hotline (614) 224-4653 as well as emergency shelter housing for women and children ages 0-17 who are experiencing domestic violence.
  • Former or current clients of North Suburban Counseling with an emerging concern may leave a confidential voice mail message on their therapist's extension, or contact them directly via the mobile number listed on the Staff page of this website.
  • For child abuse and neglect reports, call Franklin County Children Services’ Child Abuse Hotline at (614) 229-7000.
  • Children’s Hospital has a center for child abuse prevention and parents can call the Parent Connection Hotline at (614) 224-2273. Parents can also contact Catholic Social Services through their Parent’s Anonymous Hotline at (614) 447-9400.
  • The Central Ohio Poison Control Center can be reached at (614) 228-1323.
  • Dial 2-1-1 to contact HandsOn Central Ohio for shelter information as well as information on many other community resources.
  • North Central Mental Health hosts their Suicide Prevention Hotline at (614) 221-5445. Teens can also reach the Teen Hotline at (614) 294-3300.
  • Runaway teens can reach the Huckleberry House at (614) 294-5553.

Alcohol and Drug Services

The following alcohol and drug services are available in the Columbus area.

To contact AA or Al-Anon in Franklin County call:

(614) 253-8501

Cocaine Anonymous

(614) 251-1522

Compdrug – Hope Hotline

(614) 224-4506

Riverside Hospital Behavioral Health

(614) 566-5000

OSU Addiction Services

(614) 257-3760


(614) 445-8131

Sexual Assault Response Network

(614) 566-4770

Ohio Department of Health: Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence Prevention Program

(614) 466-2144

We aspire to provide the highest quality of information to clients, professionals, and the general public. However, because we cannot monitor the interpretation, use, or context in which this information is utilized, we cannot make guarantees about its relevance or impact. We specifically disclaim any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and will not be liable for any direct, consequential or other damages resulting from it.